Sunday 16th October 2022
In this Sunday School Steve will explore Thanks, through:
- Lesson – Luke 17:11-19 : The story of the thankful leper
- Activity : Making a thank you card for someone who has helped us
Lesson – Luke 17:11-19 The thankful leper
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus travelled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, ‘Jesus, Master, have pity on us!’
14 When he saw them, he said, ‘Go, show yourselves to the priests.’ And as they went, they were cleansed.
15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him – and he was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, ‘Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?’ 19 Then he said to him, ‘Rise and go; your faith has made you well.’
The lesson will tell the story of the thankful leper and discuss:
- What Jesus’s example tells us about how we should care for the sick
- How the Samaritan challenges prejudice towards people who are different from us
- Why we should be thankful when good things happen
- How important it is to say thank you
After the lesson we will all make thank you cards to say thank you to someone who has helped us, using card, pens, crayons, paint, glue, glitter….
What we did
We made cards and Minecraft Worlds to say thank you.